TGA is one of the uncommon formats suitable for video game image files. Therefore, if you prefer a standard image format like JPG, you must convert TGA to JPG.
For the best conversion process and result, it is advisable to use a reliable TGA to JPG converter such as UniConverter. It is the best and most reliable image converter software that quickly and easily converts images to multiple formats.
This article contains detailed information about how to convert TGA to JPG. It will educate you on the TGA basics. These include its definition, how-to TGA files, and a solution for when you cannot open them.
Part 1. Use Online Image Converter to Convert TGA to JPG
Online UniConverter is a free online image converter tool to convert TGA to JPG easily and quickly. It has an intuitive interface, and users could see immediately to know what they should do to turn their photos. Compare to other famous online converters, and it’s pretty good in most aspects.
- Online UniConverter allows converting several TAG files to JPG.
- The conversion speed is fast.
- No ad impressions.
Part 2. UniConverter is One of the Best Software to Convert TGA to JPG
UniConverter is the best and most reliable image converter software that quickly and easily converts images to multiple formats. It can convert TGA to JPG or any other formats like BMP, PNG, JPEG, and TIFF, among others.
However, this TGA to JPG converter is not capable of converting JPG to TGA. This image converter is because it supports TGA as an input format and not an output. On the other hand, it can convert JPG to the formats mentioned above.
This software can carry out the TGA to JPG conversion in batch without incidents of data loss. Therefore, if you are seeking the best TGA to JPG converter, you should consider UniConverter.
Aside from converting images, UniConverter can also convert video and audio to different file formats, without quality loss. It can extract audio tracks from video files too, in high fidelity. It is capable of compressing videos and adjusting their resolution.
- · The software enables you to add filters and effects to images. The image effects include contrast, brightness, and saturation.
- · If you want to copyright protection, you can watermark pictures.
- · It does image editing whereby you can add texts to the images.
- · It does image cropping, resizing, and rotation to put pictures in the required size and position. The rotation takes place on ninety degrees to the left or right, while cropping caters for alignment as well. When resizing, the aspects of changing include height and width.
- · It does image format conversion, whereby you can have your images in several other formats.
a. The following are the Advantages of Using the UniConverter Software
- It has a fast converting speed- the software can convert TGA to JPG in seconds, even when converting batch files. It saves time when one has many files to convert in limited time.
- It is user-friendly, and intuitive interface-the features are simple to use. The TGA to JPG conversion process is displayed step by step. It helps beginners to follow the right procedure and click on the right buttons.
- It has format compatibility the TGA to JPG converter is compatible with many formats.
- After the conversion is complete, it automatically adds the files to the iTunes library- this ensures that your files are appropriately saved without effort.
- It allows you to customize the output folder before saving output files.
b. Steps to Convert TGA to JPG
Step 1. Launch the UniConverter Software
To convert TGA to JPG, download the UniConverter software, install it, and then open it. On the top, go to Toolbox section. Select the option Image Converter to start.
Step 2. Add the TGA Images
In the new window named Image Converter, go to the top left corner and select the + Add Images button. Choose the TGA files you wish to convert. You can drag and drop the images.
During this stage to convert TGA to JPG, you will notice thumbnails if the images are added successfully. These include image name, size, and format.
Step 3. Select the Output Format
Select the Convert all images option to proceed with the TGA to JPG conversion process. It will open a drop-down format list. Since you want to convert TGA to JPG, choose JPG as you target or output format in the directory containing JGP/PNG/TIFF/BMP formats.
As you make this selection, you can do other activities like editing or resizing of the images, since it should take place before you convert TGA to JPG. You can crop the image through the Crop button, apply effects via the Effects button, or add watermarks through the Watermark option.
Step 4. Convert Image Format
If you are contented with the TGA files, you have selected and modified for TGA to JPG conversion, click on the Convert button to convert TGA to JPG.
When the process is complete, you can find the converted files by opening the folder icon.
Free Download Wondershare UniConverter for Mac and Windows System
Part 3. TGA Information
a. What is TGA
TGA is the short form for Truevision Graphics Adapter, a format that originated from Truevision in 1984. This image file format is also known as Truevision TGA, Targa Graphic file or simply TARGA, meaning Truevision Advanced Raster Graphics Adapter.
TGA format stores image data in 8, 15, 16, 24, and 32 bits for each pixel. The files can be both raw and uncompressed or utilize losslessly, RLE compression. The compression form suitable line drawings, icons, and simple images because they are not complicated, like photographic pictures. TGA format is ideal for image files in video games.
b. How to Open TGA Files?
You can open TGA files in Windows and Mac, using third-party applications or graphics and photo tools. The suitable applications include GIMP, Adobe Photoshop, TGA viewer, and Paint.NET.
Keeping a small file in TGA format is not necessary. Instead, it would be best if you converted into a standard format like JPG using a reliable converter like UniConverter software. After the TGA to JPG conversion, you may use the above application to view in Windows or Mac.
c. Solution When You Cannot Open TGA Files
If you cannot open TGA files, the issue could be with the files extension. The file extensions of some file formats look very similar or share the same letters. It does not mean the forms are related or can use the same programs to open.
So, double-check if you have misread the file extension since TGA can easily be confused with TGF, which stands for Trivial Graph Format. You may also confuse the DataFlex Data file format with TGA since they use the same file extension.
In conclusion, UniConverter software is the best tool to convert TGA to JPG. It has excellent features that allow the manipulation of images to suit your liking and has excellent conversion speed, among other benefits.
Despite that it cannot convert JPG to TGA, you can still benefit as it converts other image formats.