GIF image files are regularly getting popularity because they are tiny in size, and everyone can post them on social media sites even on the slow internet connection. The other thing is that these files can contain lots of information as compared to the simple image formats. Where users need to show videos on their website without any internet playback issue there, GIF files work correctly because it loads faster because of small size. This is the reason why people convert FLV to GIF formats. If you are also looking for FLV to GIF converters, then your search is ended because we are going to share all popular converters here in this article for you.
Part 1: How to Convert FLV to GIF Online Free
The most recommend free online FLV to GIF converter is Online UniConverter, which is an all-in-one media tool with multiple functions such as GIF maker, video converter, video editor, video compressor, etc. Audio and image formats are also supported by it. You don't need to download or install anything and it's totally free to use without any watermarks or ads. You can easily create your GIFs from FLV video and customize the frame rate, resolution, duration, etc.
Try to create a GIF from FLV video online free now.
Part 2: Top 10 Effective Tools for FLV to GIF Convert
Convertio website is a widely used FLV to GIF converter website, which is free and easy to use. This is compatible with mostly all operating systems such as Windows, Mac, and Linux. This website is available in several languages such as English, Dutch, Netherlands, Chinese, and so many others for the different country users. You can use this website without paying anything for doing small conversions, but if you are professional and regularly need to convert the files, then you need to buy pro version because it only allows you to convert few files per day.
- It offers you to convert mostly all kinds of files to your needed formats without making any effort.
- This is easy to use and quickly convert the files without any installation.
- It takes lots of time in loading files on the website for conversion.
- You can’t use it on the slow internet connection.
Zamzar online FLV to GIF converter website is free of cost and enables you to convert the audio, video, images, documents, and several other types of files without paying anything. While using this converter, you can upload files for conversion from the URL of pictures and the hard drive of the computer. Using this website, you can also enter your email address before starting conversion then you will get the download link of converted file in the email.
- The website is free of cost for all users.
- This is compatible with all operating system computers.
- Lack of several features such as editing, cropping, or merging the files.
- Free users to limited to convert a few MB of files per day.
Easy Online Converter
Easy Online Converter is another powerful FLV to GIF converter website, but before start using this website, makes sure that you have a good internet connection because it loads very slowly. It enables you to convert unit, text, calculator, images, audio, and some other type of files. This is purely free of cost converter, and there is no limitation of converting the number of records. You can use it directly in your browser and then save the converted files offline on your system.
- The website works online, so there is no issue of compatibility.
- There are some unique converters offered by the website.
- Still, the website is an essential converter because it is not able to convert the latest files.
- It shows so many ads while converting the files.
Cloud Convert is a simple and straightforward FLV to GIF converter where you can browse audio, video, documents, images, and some other kind of files from the system to convert. Using this website, you can upload files from Box, One Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, URL, and computer. This is free of cost service for the personal users, but if you need regular conversion with several features, then you need to buy the pro version.
- Supports browsing files for conversion from several sources.
- It can convert files online using a browser in any operating system.
- It is not able to convert the FLV to GIF without internet connectivity.
- You are limited to upload a few MB of files only in the free version of the website.
AConvert is one of the most popular converter websites which also supports convert FLV to GIF format. This is a free website, so there is no issue of paying anything for the conversion. With the conversion of files, it also supports cut, merge, rotates, and crop the data without going for any other website or software. This website allows you to upload up to 200 MB files to convert in your needed formats. Moreover, there are audio, video, document, archive, webpage, and some other kinds of converters offered for free.
- Convert mostly all kind of files.
- It supports doing some basic editing to the files as well.
- It supports uploading up to 200 MB of files.
- You will face the issue of ads during conversion.
For quick and easy conversion of FLV to GIF format, the file zig zag website is also an attractive option for you. This is an excellent website, and you don’t need to pay for anything while converting your files. This website offers you a very easy to use interface and the supports of over 200 images, audio, video, and some other kinds of file formats. There is an advanced converter also available for the professional users, and if you want to send a file to your client of a colleague, then this is also possible using the send file feature of the website.
- It offers you several features for making your life easier.
- It is compatible with all operating systems.
- You can’t download files directly after conversion.
- The website can’t convert a single file without entering your Email id.
MakeaGif is easy but powerful online tools which mainly do operations related to the GIF files. This simple online FLV to GIF converter website works on the windows, Mac and Linux operating system computers and you can also use in your mobiles because it is a browser-based converter. This website offers you to convert photos, YouTube videos, Facebook photos or videos, video of your system, and webcam image or video to the GIF format. You can also upload your own personally created GIF files on the website to let others enjoy it.
- It can convert mostly any kind of image or video files to the GIF format.
- You can paste the video or photo link to convert them in the GIF format as well.
- It supports various tools for free, but some devices can’t be used without buying a premium version.
- Premium version of the website is very costly.
Imgflip is another good website which converts the FLV to GIF image format. This website supports converting the YouTube videos directly in the GIF format just by entering the URL of YouTube video. This is an easy to use FLV to GIF tool where you can also flip the images or videos during conversion. This is a free website, but you can only do operations related to the GIF format files using this website. It supports nearly about all popular images and video formats for converting your files.
- You can add caption on the images or meme with the website.
- It supports creating GIF using images and video both types of files.
- The website is not able to convert any other type of file.
- Speed of conversion is very slow.
Gickr is a very simple GIF maker website which can convert the YouTube FLV videos to GIF format. Including YouTube it also supports uploading files for conversion from the computer. Gickr doesn’t offer much fancy feature like the other website so mainly it focuses on converting the videos in the GIF format. It supports picasa as well which is not owned by Google so you can convert your Google photos in the GIF format as well.
- The website is easy to use and converts the files with ease.
- Supports uploading images from several sources.
- It shows so many advertisements during conversion.
- Lack of several features.
Files Conversion is a free web application which also supports conversion of FLV to GIF format. You need to follow three simple steps, and the website will convert your files. Using this online converter website, this is possible to convert several types of files including video and images. Including the conversion of regular files, it also supports converting special CSS fonts, HTML color codes, number, data, strings, and so many other kinds of technical data. This is a free website for personal users who require converting files frequently.
- This website offers unique conversion tools.
- Works online, so there is no need for any software installation.
- The interface is slightly hard to understand.
- Users find an issue in searching the right converter for their files.
Part 3: More Information on FLV File
a. What is FLV File?
FLV files also stand for flash video files. FLV files are usually available there with.FLV extension on the computer and online websites. These files can’t be played directly so users must have installed the Adobe air or Adobe Flash Player in their browsers to play these files. Previously these files were used by YouTube as well, but after launching of html5 player, now YouTube has stopped using FLV format videos. But still, some old videos are available on the online streaming sites which are there in the FLV format.
Due to the availability of html5 format, now the trend of FLV format is gone, and mostly all websites have stopped using it. Adobe has also announced that it will not provide support for the FLV format after the year 2020.
b. How to watch an FLV video file on your computer?
Still, if you have FLV files on your computer and it is essential to play them for viewing the data, then there are several options available to play these files. Below are some suggestions that can help you in opening the FLV files on your computer.
VLC media Player
VLC is free and open-source software to play multimedia files. This program is fully compatible with the Linux, Mac, and Windows computer to play mostly every kind of video file. You can install this player from the given link below and play FLV files without any interruption.
Windows Media Player
Windows Media Player is the official player from the Microsoft to play videos on the windows computers. This player is also capable of playing FLV format videos if you have the right codecs installed on your computer. You can install CCCP codec which provided proper supports to play the FLV files.
Well, the above-listed websites are effortless to use, and most all sites are available for free of cost to convert FLV to GIF format. We have listed the top 10 sites for converting the files with their pros and cons. You can choose anyone from the list which fits as per your requirements.
Wondershare UniConverter is a multimedia application. It has an image converter, video converter, audio converter, image compressor, and other functions. Download it for more details.
- · Support batch processing of video file conversion.
- · Convert video formats to over 1000 formats, including MP4, MKV, MOV, M4V, 3GP, MPEG, AVI, WMV, and so on.
- · It allows you to transfer videos from computer to iPhone or Android mobiles without using iTunes.
- · Using UniConverter Toolbox function includes converting images, create GIF, burn CD, rip CD, cast to TV, and fix Meta tags with just a few clicks.
- · Wondershare UniConverter allows you to burn video and other media files to DVD as well.